Monday, October 21, 2013

Great Grandma's Cloth



I'm really into old table cloths for the moment(not all types though, not you're typical floral and over-decorated ones..). I want them crochet in bright colours or my favourite for the time being, soft colour tones with some sparkle thread in it..! Perfect for autumn and winter!

My mother is really good at crochet and knitting, super creative. As was my grandmother, and her mother and generations before.. Unfortunatelly it stopped with me, I never really learned it properly. It's not too late to learn it yet, I know, and I really would like to. I have done it with metal thread a few times, with different results.
But I guess I get a bit lazy because I get provided for with various knits and nice things, by my lovely mother. My latest "order", two big and round table cloths - crochet in black and grey! A lot of people have white as their "safe colour" at home and in interior design, I love black! Can't wait until it's finished..! Another order has been placed as well, (not to my mother).. bridal gown and bridesmaid dresses are in the making! But it will take a few weeks before they're ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment